You might admire a bright eggplant for its pretty purple color, but it holds much more benefits than you can imagine. As a low-calorie and high-fiber veggie, it features many different diets.
A lot of studies suggest the nutritional content of eggplant is remarkable. Thus, considering this fact, your next question would be if you can juice this super vegetable.
You can juice eggplant either with the help of a juicer or by mashing method. The end product is a slightly bitter-tasting liquid that can pair well with other fruits and veggies. Besides, the juice is pulpy in texture, so you can add water to make it diluted. Eggplant drink is proven to be good for the health but avoids overdoing it.
Many food lovers call eggplant the king of vegetables due to its versatility and widespread use in various cultural meals. If you doubt whether it is equally suitable for juicing or not, it’s time to find out!
Table of Contents
Juicing Eggplant: Is It Worth It?
Eggplant is frequently used in cuisines across the globe, especially in Middle Eastern countries. Due to its tender, mild and sweet nature, this purple wonder absorbs the flavor of whatever you cook it along. Besides, they are also nutrient-dense food, meaning they possess a good amount of vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
If you have bought eggplant in a large quantity, you can feel free to experiment with it. It allows you to grill, stuff, roast the veggie, or serve it in soups or stews. Moreover, you can also turn it into an incredibly healthy and flavorful juice. Its regular intake is proven to promote wellness and help shed some extra pounds.
However, you might struggle a little while squeezing the juice out of eggplant the way you do with citrus fruits. Thus, you must own a powerful and good-quality juicer to get maximum liquid from the vegetable.
Also, juicing eggplant can remove much of the natural fiber content present in its pulp. Nonetheless, it still has plenty of other nutrients that will benefit your body when you juice it raw.
How To Extract Juice From An Eggplant?
Unlike oranges or lemons, you wouldn’t be able to extract the juice from an eggplant by hand. Instead, you can follow the below-listed methods to try this delicious veggie drink.
1. Use a juicer
- By far, the easiest way to juice an eggplant is with the help of a juicing machine. To do this, you’ll first need to wash the vegetables thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Afterward, chop the eggplant into small chunks to let them slide smoothly into the juicer hopper.
- The stem and the stiff crown at the top side of the veggie don’t juice well, so discard these parts.
- Power on the juicing machine and blend the pieces until it forms a smooth pulpy paste.
- Eggplant may not produce a very high quantity of juice. The maximum you can yield will be about 1/4th of a cup per eggplant.
- Nevertheless, large eggplant tends to give more juice volume, so the bigger, the juicier.
2. Mashing technique
- If you don’t own a juicer in your kitchen, an alternative way to extract eggplant juice is by opting for the mashing technique.
- Squash the chopped veggie with the help of a heavy spoon or meat tenderizer to release the juice.
- Place a bowl under it to catch the dripping pulp. You can also use a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds and other unwanted pieces from the juice.
- To get pure eggplant juice, go for a large sieve and line it with filter paper, and the result will be a fine, thin veggie liquid.
- Mashed eggplant tends to have a concentrated and pulpy consistency. You can add water to make it more into a diluted juice.
Note: Eggplant juice can taste somewhat bitter and strange tasting. So, to make it more flavorful, you can always mix it with other fruits such as apples, pears, bananas, oranges, etc. It’s all up to you to decide!
Best Eggplant Juice Recipes: (Simple & Easy)
If you are confused about where to start with juicing the purple veggie, no need to panic. We have picked a few best eggplant juice recipes for you to give a shot!
A. Eggplant apple carrot juice for weight loss
- One large eggplant
- Two apples (peeled and cored)
- Two carrots (peeled)
- A stalk of celery (sliced)
- Water (as required)
- Peel the eggplant while removing its base and tail. Afterward, cut it into small cubes.
- Combine it with the remaining ingredients in a juicer and add half a glass of water.
- You can also try it in different variations by adding other fruits and veggies such as blueberries, tomatoes, or bananas.
- Once the juice is ready, drink it as soon as possible, preferably before a meal. This way, you can benefit from its health and weight loss qualities.
B. Eggplant miracle detox water
- One medium-sized eggplant
- Water (half a liter)
- Lemon juice
- Peel and wash the eggplant, then cut it into cubes.
- Now take a jar, pour half a liter of water into it, and toss in the eggplant cubes.
- Let the veggie pieces soak in the water overnight. You can then drink it the next day by adding some lemon juice.
- The lemon will enhance the drink’s flavor and also supply some antioxidants.
- Drink this miracle detox water twice a day before your main meals. Continue this routine for a week, and you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Apart from helping you lose weight, this drink will balance your cholesterol level and detoxify your body from toxins buildup.
Why Drink Eggplant Juice? Benefits VS Risks Explained
- Eggplant juice is an excellent remedy for losing weight. Thanks to its high water content, fibers, vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, it allows you to burn the extra fat.
- In addition, it also supplies the required nutrients to your body and improves body performance. It is why many nutritionists recommend consuming eggplant juice once in a while.
- Besides, this liquid also helps detoxify your body and improves kidney function. The presence of fiber in the veggie relieves constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Some people even treat eggplant juice as a natural laxative. Moreover, it also possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Therefore, drinking one glass per day of this juice is a great way to maintain your health. But, you need to know that raw eggplant contains a compound known as solanine, and some people might be sensitive to it.
- Thus, it is better not to overconsume eggplant juice in larger quantities as it can prove to be toxic and might harm your wellbeing.
- Also, the drink will work well only when you are physically active and follow a healthy diet, or it is of no benefit.
As much as eggplant elevates the flavors of any dish, it is also perfect for juicing. The reason is its abundance of valuable components and delightful taste when combined with the right ingredients. Eggplant juice is ideal for healthily staying in shape without restrictive diets and exhaustion.
This veggie is low in calories and rich in fibers, so drinking it in liquid form gives a sense of fullness while also reducing fat and cholesterol. You can juice eggplant ether in a powerful juicer or throwing mashing technique, whichever best suits you. The juice on its own might taste bitter, so you can enhance the taste by adding other fruits or veggies of your choice.
Eggplant juice is a wise addition to your diet, but it doesn’t mean you should overdrink it. Besides, an active and good lifestyle is also necessary to get your desired results after having the juice.